Sunday, November 18, 2012

Game Music Reviews...



Game Music Reviews
Hallo Ladies and Gentlemen!
I am Andreas Heinrich, a student of media in the TAMK University of Applied Sciences in Tampere, Finland. Though studying media in general, my main interest lies in the creation of computer games. Despite my Emphasis on visuals and art I've dedicated a lot of time to analyzing the sounds games tend to make. Needless to say it didn’t take me long to realize that the importance of sound is highly underestimated by games creators.

So I took the time to create a blog in which I pick a specific computer game and review its music on the terms of style, background information, implementation, information on the releases and my personal opinions (these aspects may change with time).
Right here is a good moment to throw some words of honour over to Ville Kaunisto who is proofreading my highly error-infested ramblings, Thanx a bunch man!

To give you a better understanding of what I look for in good game music I present you the three games that have -- in my opinion -- the most fitting music:

Super Metroid
Oddworld: Strangers Wrath
Stalker: Shadows of Chernobyl

I will talk about these games later after leveling up my reviewing skills a bit; the first game I'm gonna talk about is Prince of Persia the Sands of Time.

Do Swidanje

No comments:

Post a Comment